Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Robin's Photo Folio

I've seen similar things to this Photo Folio - there's tons of them out there, so I can't claim that this is my original idea (I wish I could!) but I needed one and I didn't want to spend all my time searching for it. I knew that I didn't want to make one using envelopes and I knew what size paper I wanted to use to make it, so I came up with this one and I used Fresh Cuts - one of Stampin' Up!'s new sets to decorate it. I'm going to attempt to show you how to make it here, now.

Photo Folio

Materials
Cardstock for base (I used Mellow Moss)
Cardstock for background of pictures (I used Basic Black): 9" x 3 1/4", scored at 4 1/2"
Cardstock for picture mats (I used Whisper White): 9 pieces, 4 1/4" X 3"
Cardstock for belly band (I used Elegant Eggplant): 1" X 8 1/2"
Cardstock scraps for decorating
Round Tab Punch
Photo Corners Punch
Large Oval Punch
Small Oval Punch
Dimensionals
Sticky Tape
Rich Regal Brads



Cut base cardstock to 12" X 5".


Score base cardstock at 3 3/8", 7", and 10 3/4".


Arrange black pieces on base piece as shown, and adhere with sticky tape. Use scrap cardstock and the Round Tab Punch and attach as shown (also with sticky tape).



When they are all attached, they should open as shown.

The pictures below show how I decorated mine:








If you make one of these, please send me a picture or a link to yours!

No comments: