Saturday, September 6, 2008

WOW! What a Day!

I had such a great day! I went into this not expecting to know anyone at this Demo Extravaganza but almost right away I saw the name of someone I had met on-line - and she lives right here in CT. So I got to sit with a great group of women from right here in Connecticut.



I swapped my cards and got some awesome samples to share! AND, I won a prize! I got a Stampin' Up! travel mug! It was awesome! I took pictures of some beautiful samples they had there too.

We had three make & takes. Here are pictures:

This first one used the pillow box die cut from the Sizzix Big Shot and Batty for You. The ribbon is the Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain. Isn't it cool looking - so easy to make! I'm really going to have to get one of those Big Shots!


The second one was a card using the Top Note die cut from the Sizzix Big Shot (I really need that Big Shot!). We also used a chipboard frame (which we covered with Kiwi Kiss Patterns designer paper. We used the Best Wishes & More stamp set and the Thank You Kindly stamp set. The ribbon is the 5/8" Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon.


The third and final project is a 6X6 scrapbook page using the Inspired by Nature stamp set and the Best Wishes stamp set. We also used the Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon again and the Kiwi Kiss designer paper again.


It was such a great day - there was a wonderful speaker, and some talented demonstrators that shared some great techniques with us!

I'm so tired now, though! 5:00 a.m. was really early for me!

HAPPY STAMPING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to meet you on Saturday. I had a great time. I'm loving your blog. I hope to see you in the Spring at Tami's next meeting. thank you for the kind words and for visiting my blog.