Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My First Card for Sketch Challenge #3

So I decided it was time to start doing my own cards for Sketch Challenge #3! They're due on September 20th and I normally do mine ahead of time to help give some inspiration to my stampers! My club members usually participate in this challenge, but I would absolutely love it if anyone else wanted to participate! Here, again is all the info:


We added a twist this time because it seemed rather simple and I want people to start using the Color Coach! I am offering four different color combinations from the Color Coach, you need to use one in your card.

First possible color combination: Main color: Gable Green; Coordinating Colors: Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral, Bashful Blue; Complementary Color: Pixie Pink

Second possible color combination: Main Color: Ballet Blue; Coordinating Colors: Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke; Complementary Color: Pumpkin Pie

Third possible color combination: Main color: Perfect Plum; Coordinating Colors: Ruby Red, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa; Complementary Color: Barely Banana

Fourth possible color combination: Main color: Pumpkin Pie; Regal Rose, Rose Red, Ballet Blue; Complementary Color: Ballet Blue

So here's my first card! I used the first possible color combination.

Stamps: Floral (Background), Close as a Memory, Hugs & Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Gable Green, Cameo Coral, Bashful Blue
Ink: Pixie Pink Craft, Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: Certainly Celery Marker, Sponge Daubers, Sponge, Coluzzle with Circle Template, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Crimper

I used a technique that I've been hearing about lately where you daub different classic ink colors onto the flowers with sponge daubers to get a variegated effect. I LOVE IT!

HAPPY STAMPING!

No comments: